September 28, 2015

The Protocols of Anti-Sound

I (like I'm sure everyone else) go through phases in music.  Meaning right now I'm pretty into grindcore, and other times I'll listen to mostly death metal, or hardcore, etc.  Having said that I figured I'd post about a record that I acquired while the blog was on hiatus.  I'm speaking of the self titled LP from DC's Magrudergrind.  I had a clear (third press) copy of this LP for quite a while but decided that since it's in my top 5 grind LP's ever that I'd track down a first pressing.

Up until this release I was lukewarm on this band but when I heard this LP it blew me away.  I think that's partly because their older material had a different guitarist, coupled with the beefed up production on this LP.  Three-piece punk-oriented grind from the nation's capitol.  This shit is pure gold.  If you're into this I'd also recommend checking out the Crusher EP they released after this one.  It was announced a few months ago that their new LP will be released on Relapse, so I'm looking forward to that.  This vinyl version was put out by Six Weeks Records and the CD version was released on Willowtip.

1 comment:

  1. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first. melange yarn manufacturers

    ReplyDelete